This article is divided into 6 major points. You can either visit directly by clicking on one of the following points or read it entirely. Remember, your safety is in your own hands.
- Scheduling Appointment
- 2nd Dose Scheduling
- Vaccine Certificate
- Reporting Side Effects (helpline)
1. Where can I register for the COVID-19 vaccination?
You can log into the Co-WIN portal using the link www.cowin.gov.in and click on the “Register/Sign In yourself” tab to register for the COVID-19 vaccination.
2. Is there a mobile app that needs to be installed to register for vaccination?
There is no authorized mobile app for registering for vaccination in India. You need to log into the Co-WIN portal. You can also register for vaccination through the Aarogya Setu App.
3. Which age groups can register for vaccination on the Co-WIN portal?
At present, all citizens above 45 years of age can register for vaccination.
4. Is online registration mandatory for Covid 19 vaccination?
No. Vaccination Centres provide for a limited number of on-spot registration slots every day. However, it is recommended to register online and schedule vaccination in advance for a have hassle-free vaccination experience.
5. How many people can be registered in the Co-WIN portal through one mobile number?
Up to 4 people can be registered for vaccination using the same mobile number.
6. How can citizens with no access to smartphones or computers manage online registration?
Up to 4 people can be registered for vaccination using the same mobile number. Citizens can take help from friends or family for online registration. A facility for on-spot registration is also available.
7. Can I register for vaccination without an Aadhaar card?
Yes, you can register on the Co-WIN portal using any of the following ID proofs: a. Aadhaar card b. Driving License c. PAN card d. Passport e. Pension Passbook f. NPR Smart Card g. Voter ID (EPIC)
8. Is there any registration charge to be paid?
No. There is no registration charge.
1. Can I book an appointment for vaccination in the Co-WIN portal?
Yes, you can book an appointment for vaccination through the Co-WIN portal after logging in to the Co-WIN Portal through your registered mobile number.
2. Can I download the appointment slip?
Yes, the appointment slip can be downloaded after the appointment has been scheduled.
3. How can I find the nearest vaccination centre?
You can search in the Co-WIN portal (or Aarogya Setu) for the vaccination centre nearest to your location by either searching through PIN code or by choosing the State and the District.
4. What if I cannot go for vaccination on the date of appointment? Can I reschedule my appointment?
The appointment can be rescheduled at any time. In case you do not go for vaccination on the date of appointment, you can reschedule the appointment by clicking on the “Reschedule” tab.
5. Do I have an option for the cancellation of the appointment?
Yes, you cannot cancel an appointment already scheduled. You can also reschedule the appointment and choose another date or time slot of your convenience.
6. Where will I receive confirmation of the date and time of vaccination?
Once an appointment is scheduled, you will receive the details of the vaccination centre, date and time slot chosen for appointment in an SMS sent to your registered mobile number. You can also download the appointment slip and print it or keep it on your smartphone.
7. Can I get a vaccination without an appointment?
Vaccination Centres provide for a limited number of on-spot registration slots every day. However, fixing an online appointment using the Co-WIN portal is recommended to avoid wasting time and queue in the vaccination centre, as in each centre only limited slots are made available for on-spot registration.
2ND DOSE SCHEDULING
1. Is it necessary to take 2nd dose of vaccination?
Yes. It is recommended that both doses of vaccine should be taken for realising the full benefit of vaccination. Both doses must be of the same vaccine type.
2. When should I take the 2nd dose of vaccination?
It is recommended that the 2nd dose of COVAXIN should be administered in the interval of 4 to 6 weeks from the date of 1st dose administration. For COVISHIELD the recommended interval is 4 to 8 weeks while an interval of 6 to 8 weeks gives enhanced protection. You may choose the date of 2nd dose vaccination at your convenience.
3. Will my 2nd dose appointment be automatically scheduled by the Co-WIN system?
No. You have to take an appointment for the 2nd dose vaccination. The Co-WIN system will help you book an appointment in a Vaccination Centre where the same vaccine is being administered as the vaccine type (COVAXIN or COVISHIELD) of the 1st dose.
4. Whom can I contact if I have some problems related to my online registration of appointment?
You can call on the national helpline ‘1075’ for information and guidance on COVID-19 vaccination and Co-WIN software related queries.
1. Is vaccination free at all vaccination centres?
No. Vaccination is free at Government hospitals and charged up to INR 250 per dose in Private hospitals. Citizens can get this information on the Co-WIN portal while booking an appointment.
2. Can I choose the vaccine?
All vaccines being offered are safe. The choice regarding the type of vaccine is currently not available.
3. What precautions should I take at the time of 2nd dose vaccination?
The Vaccination Centres have been directed to ensure that if a citizen is being vaccinated with 2nd dose, they should confirm that the first dose vaccination was done with the same vaccine as is being offered at the time of the second dose and that the first dose was administered more than 28 days ago.
You should share the correct information about the vaccine type and the date of 1st dose vaccination with the vaccinator. You should carry your vaccine certificate issued after the first dose.
1. Why do I need a vaccination certificate?
A vaccination certificate is a verifiable proof of vaccination that you can use to establish that you have been vaccinated in cases where any such requirement is specified.
2. Who is responsible for providing the vaccination certificate?
The Vaccination Centre is responsible for generating your certificate and for providing a printed copy post-vaccination on the day of vaccination itself. Please do insist on receiving the certificate at the Centre.
For Private Hospitals, the charges for providing a printed copy of the certificate are included in the service charge (up to INR 250 per dose) for vaccination.
3. Where can I download the vaccination certificate from?
You can download a vaccination certificate from the Co-WIN portal (cowin.gov.in) or the Aarogya Setu app or through Digi-Locker by following the simple steps. You may do so by using the mobile number used at the time of registration.
4. Which documents should I carry with me for vaccination?
You should carry your identity proof specified by you at the time of registration on the Co-WIN portal and a printout/screenshot of your appointment slip.
5. Can I get vaccinated with 2nd dose in a different State/District?
Yes, you can get vaccinated in any State/District. The only restriction is that you will be able to get vaccinated only on those centres which are offering the same vaccine as was administered to you on your first dose.
REPORTING SIDE EFFECTS
Whom do I contact in case of side effects from vaccination?
You can contact on any of the following details:
- Helpline Number: +91-11-23978046 (Toll-free- 1075)
- Technical Helpline Number: 0120-4473222
- Helpline Email Id: [email protected] You may also contact the Vaccination Centre where you took vaccination, for advice.